Thursday, November 29, 2007

Exhibition Q & A

Name: Brian
Alumnus, Creative Writing

Q: What did you find most interesting about the exhibition/lecture?
A: I thought the output by the anonymous contributors is incredible given the sensitivity of the secrets they share.

Q: What is your biggest secret you haven’t shared?
A: Who knows! I really can’t think of one.

Q: Do you have any secrets?
A: I really don’t know, but this exhibition is making me think.

Q: Would you consider sending your secret to Post Secret if you in fact had one?
A: Perhaps, I like the art aspect of the cards, that may be more fun than sharing the secret itself.



Name: Rebecca
Student, Physiology

Q: What is it that you find interesting about this project?
A: I think it’s like free therapy; it’s relieving to get a secret off your mind after it has burdened you for so long.

Q: Have you contributed to PostSecret?
A: Yes, I sent in a secret along with two of my friends three years ago.

Q: How has that changed the way you see your secret?
A: Well it is in the open now, so I don’t feel like it is much of a secret.

Name: Robert
Alumni, Graduate Student Creative Reading & Culture

Q: How did you hear about the exhibition?
A: I got an email from my son who is an undergraduate here at the university.

Q: What do you feel about the PostSecret project?
A: I think the best part is the interpretation of some of these painful secrets.

Q: You spoke about your experience helping a homeless man during the lecture, why did you share that with everybody?
A: Well, it is not much of a secret, but it is something I have never really talked about and I feel like that’s the nature of the project.

Q: Would you ever consider sending a secret in?
A: Yes, I think I am considering sending in a secret to PostSecret.

Name: Jeff and Kerri
Married, Gardeners

Q: Did you know of Frank Warren before you attended this event?
Jeff and Kerri: Yes.

Q: Have either of you submitted a secret to him?
Jeff and Kerri: No.

Q: Do you think you’ll submit a secret after seeing everybody else’s?
Jeff: No.
Kerri: Probably not.

Q: Are you going to buy any of his books?
Kerri: Not tonight, but my sister is in line waiting to get her book signed.

Q: Was there any particular part of the evening that you especially enjoyed?
Kerri: I really liked it when he revealed the secrets that couldn’t be published in his book.

No comments: